I found this recipe online, googling rhubarb and apple crisp, and it’s from the heart and stroke foundation, so should be healthy.
Rhubarb Apple Crisp. 6 servings. (as we were 8 I adjusted the margerine and flour, the rest I kept the same.)
150 ml (2/3 cup) granulated sugar
50 ml (1/4 cup) all purpose flour
5 ml (1teasp) grated lemon rind
I L (4 cups) fresh or frozen (thawed) rhubarb cut into 1 cm (1/2″) pieces.(I used fresh)
1 L (4 cups) sliced granny smith apples.
(this recipe didn’t ask for a specific type apple, but others had mentioned granny smith’s so I went with them)
175 ml (3/4 cup) quick cooking rolled oats (not instant)
75 ml (1/3 cup) packed brown sugar
50 ml (3 tbsp) whole wheat flour (I used 3/4 cup, 3 tbsp didn’t seem enough)
5 ml (1 tsp) cinnamon
25 ml (2 tbsp) non-hydrogenated soft margerine, melted
(I used 4 tbsp, 2 didn’t seem to be enough)
1. In bowl, combine sugar,flour and lemon rind; mix well.
2. Add rhubarb and apples, stir to mix.
3. spoon into 2 L (8 cup) baking dish.
1.In bowl, combine rolled oats, sugar, flour and cinnamon.
2. Add melted margerine and stir to mix; sprinkle over filling.
3. Bake in 190C (375F) for 40-50 minutes or until filling is bubbly and topping is brown.
Serve warm or at room temperature.
(I froze mine and reheated in oven when I had the meats cooking..it seemed to freeze well.)