Norwegian Apple Cake https://www.food.com/recipe/norwegian-apple-cake-235156
3/4 cup softened butter
1 cup sugar
1 and 1/2 cups self raising flour
2 eggs, beaten
4 apples, peeled, cored and sliced
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 tablespoon sugar
- Cream the sugar with the butter, until light, fluffy and pale golden. Slowly add the beaten eggs and then add flour, bit by bit – mixing well after each addition.
- Mix gently, pour mixture into greased 9 inch square pan.
- Peel and slice apples.
- Place slices on top of the mixture. (Place apple slices as close as possible to each other).
- Mix sugar and cinnamon.
- Sprinkle this topping over the apples.
- Bake for about 60 minutes in a 180C/350F oven, until well risen and golden.
- This delicious apple cake can be served warm or cold with cream or creme fraiche.
- It keeps and freezes very well – separate the slices with greaseproof paper for freezing.
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped celery
- 2 tablespoons chopped carrot
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 1/2 cups half-and-half
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1/2 pound cooked lump lobster meat – I doubled this 😎
- Melt the butter in a large saucepan over medium-low heat. Add the mushrooms, onion, celery, and carrot. Cook and stir until tender, about 10 minutes. Stir in the chicken broth, and season with salt and cayenne pepper. Bring to a boil, then simmer for 10 minutes.
- Pour the vegetable and broth mixture into the container of a blender, and add 1/4 cup of the lobster meat. (I just used the immersion blender right In the same pot.) Cover, and process until smooth. Return to the saucepan, and stir in the half-and-half, white wine, and remaining lobster meat. Cook over low heat, stirring frequently until thickened, about 30 minutes.